Friday 4 February 2011

Handmade cards or playing with paper indulgence

Continuing my love affair with all things paper and in an act of sheer self indulgence I just simply played today and created lots of cards.

What an excuse to browse my favourite paper shops and buy oodles of delicious papers... Japanese rice paper, handmade cotton rag with petals, leaves and bits of grass poking out, papers made in Tibet with gold leaf and dreamy clouds, papers made of scrunched up recycled plastic ... yummm!






I have played with magical copper burnishing flakes - like an Aladdin's cave of golden copper flakes which have to be burnished onto the paper. They have so many delicious hues and hidden colours in them.




There are many more cards waiting in the studio to be photographed and listed but today was a wild and blustery day and I want to wait for the sun to come out and dance its magic on the copper flakes. For now there is a small selection of my paper frolics in my Etsy shop

No comments:

Post a Comment