Wednesday 27 July 2011

My art is hanging on walls!

I can't tell you how awestruck, priveledged, giddy, joyous and blessed I feel when I see my art is a part of others lives!

I am thrilled, humbled and even strangely shy to see something I have created, with all the highs and lows that encompass the process of creating an artwork, hanging on a wall.

I tell you a secret. When I first got my studio I wouldn't let anybody in. NOBODY! I wouldn't show my work to anyone at all! I was having my own private dance with myself and I felt incredibly, painfully shy.

I think after creating huge shows for years with thousands of people watching them, I didn't want anyone else to participate, judge or tell me what to do. (I still have some paintings that no one else has seen, that are just for me.)

Somewhere along the way I inched open my door, invited friends in, then strangers, took part in my first exhibition. And then one day I opened my Etsy shop. I still feel naked - my art exposes me in a way that nothing else ever could. My paintings are little pieces of my heart and soul.

How blessed I feel!























Thank you Leo! x

No comments:

Post a Comment